Autumn Fair Silent Auction Donation Letter
Welcome Mount Waverley North Primary School
Mount Waverley North Primary School is an innovative, dynamic and purposeful learning environment. We are proud of our strong history of parental involvement and community connections. We believe that strong partnerships built from relationships are vital in ensuring our students excel socially, emotionally and academically.
We have four flexible learning spaces which are designed to facilitate positive interactions and provide opportunities to work collaboratively. We differentiate our approach to teaching and learning by providing a range of student environments. Each learning area has open spaces for group learning, quiet spaces for independent tasks and break out spaces for small group work.
Our school offers:
- A rich and engaging inquiry based curriculum in an environment where our students are excited to learn. Our Integrated Studies Units provide opportunities for rich Literacy and Numeracy cross-curricular learning.
- German is our LOTE and Chinese is offered as an extracurricular club and afterschool languages program.
- A Visual Arts program that integrates into the classroom and is supplemented by our Craft Club.
- A quality, comprehensive Physical Education and Sport program which includes a weekly PE lesson, a weekly Level Sport session, Interschool Sport and our before school Fitness Club.
- A Performing Arts program that incorporates Music, Dance, Drama and Multi-Media and is supplemented by our extracurricular programs; Choir and Instrumental Music.
- Innovative weekly learning engagements using our Science & Technology Facility which are directed towards interactive, hands on and meaningful learning experiences.
- A well resourced technology rich learning environment that incorporates authentic use of iPads & Apple TV, laptops, interactive whiteboards and digital cameras.
- A bright, fun-filled Out of Hours School Care program to care for children that require supervision from 7:00am – 8:45 or 3:30-6:00pm
Our wellbeing philosophies are led by the Tribes program and targets the promotion of respect, independence and resilience. As part of our holistic approach to health, in order to sustain their energy and maximise their learning, we encourage our students to eat brain food and drink water regularly throughout the day.
At Mount Waverley North Primary School we are proud of the strong community of children, staff and parents who are journeying together to provide outstanding opportunities for children to develop, learn, grow and realise their full potential.